Monday, January 27, 2014

Emily

My non-doll playing girl asked for an American Girl doll this Christmas, and mommy & daddy did not disappoint!  Charlotte chose to get Emily Bennet, a period doll that is now retired. Had we known she would become so attached to Emily (I am talking sleeping with her every night and asking me to babysit her while she is at school attached), we would have purchased her friend Molly who is also now retired, for her birthday. She decided (maybe with a little help) that she would like Emily's friend to be Kit Kittredge instead. This is another period doll that is super cute! I was able to find one for her that I put away until her birthday. Well Kit came in handy well before that though as we decided to ship Emily off to the American Girl Doll Hospital at the beginning of January.  Emily's leg seemed really loose when we got her and since she is a new doll and not being made any longer the AG customer service sent us a return label for Emily so they could check her out in the hospital.  While Emily was away Charlotte was able to have Kit until Emily's return. This could not have worked out any better.  We had a nice time with Kit but we were all missing Emily (I am not kidding when I say this doll has become part of our family). I even have the pleasure of changing her clothes most days by request of Charlotte :)
After a little over 2 weeks Emily finally came home! She was given a clean bill of health...apparently the limbs have to be lose for dressing the doll.  The only fun thing about the whole experience was that Emily was returned in a super cute hospital gown and a few other accessories.  My girl is happy to have her Emily back!






No comments:

Post a Comment