We recently celebrated a big birthday for Kevin...last year of the 30's! The kids are always asking why mommy's and daddy's don't have birthday parties and why they don't get as many gifts as kids do on their birthdays, so I thought it would be fun to get an ice cream cake and celebrate his birthday at our friends Jay & Anne Marie's Super Bowl Party this past Sunday. I also included Anne Marie's name since her birthday just passed and baby G since her first birthday is soon approaching. I told the kids jokingly that this was daddy's party! We sang and everything. We let the youngest of the bunch blow out the candle or attempt to. The ice cream cake was a huge hit!
On his actual birthday which was yesterday, we surprised him with a homemade cake, a balloon party (room filled with balloons or as many as mommy could blow up) and some presents. We enjoyed a nice meal together and then helped daddy blow out his candles. I think we eased him into 39 nicely!
Charlotte wrote "Daddy" and helped decorate the cake. She did a fantastic job!
Happy Birthday to the best husband and daddy ever!!
No comments:
Post a Comment